Thursday, February 11, 2010

28 DAYS LATER HARDCOVER [UPDATED]





















Just got my hardcover copy of 28 Days Later Vol.1, London Calling in the post.

It looks absolutely fantastic (and i mean the presentation, not my art). I'm delighted with how it came out. Thanks to all at BOOM! Studios (including my editor Ian Brill), Michael Alan Nelson for a great story and Nick Filardi for making all my linework look way more impressive than it actually is.

It's in shops as of today, or alternatively, you can order it online on Amazon.

Sure, while i'm at it, i might as well show the hardback without the dustjacket. There's a sweet embossed logo in the front...





















Selena's hatchet on the back...





















...and of course, the most important part of the dust jacket...

















Dec.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks incredible Declan. Hugely impressed, well done!
maeve

Fran Johnston said...

Looks nice Dec!

Ross Richie said...

Show 'em the foil stamping under the dust jacket! Or the machete on the back! ;-)

Declan Shalvey said...

Will-do boss!

Oh, and thanks guys!

Minck Oosterveer said...

I know the feeling. The design and the finnish of the Boom!-hardcovers is absolutely stunning. My eyes popped out when I got mine.

luke f said...

I only bought the first issue of 28Days Later because I`ve been waiting to get my hands on this.

From what I`ve seen,it looks like you`re really coming into your own as an artist and a storyteller. Fair play,Deccie.

David Ferguson said...

Nice looking collection.

Pity I already bought all the individual issues.

Declan Shalvey said...

Ah thanks a lot Lukester; i appreciate it.

David; sorry man. If it makes you feel any better, there's no extra material, like sketches and stuff, just all the variant covers.

Minick; i didn't realize The Unknown was out in hardback yet. Congrats, i'll definitely hunt that down. Yeah, the production values of the Boom books are fantastic. Hell; they're nicer than any Marvel/DC hardcovers i have.

Deirdre de Barra said...

Congrats, lookin' forward to getting a copy for close perusal.

Valentino said...

i'm form Argentina so.. if it werent for e-bay, i couldn't get a copy.
i ordered today, so.. in a few days it will be arriving.
great work Declan. Greetings from Argentina

Michael Grant Clark said...

That is so so smart. The die embossing is a cool touch, a lot of thought went into the presentation.

And I'm enjoying the comic; bonus.