Thursday, January 03, 2008

PENCILS

Here's the pencils of yesterday's panel. I'm working a lot closer with my layouts these days, in an effort to speed up, but also to try and keep some of the freshness of the original drawing. Sometimes when you re-draw an image, it can look stale and sometimes lose the original flair. Looking back at my earlier work, i think it suffers from looking flat, or static, and i think now (by staying closer to my layout design and using drybrush for texture), i'm starting to iron out that flaw









Dec.

2 comments:

Stephen Mooney said...

Now, see, I like these pencils MORE than the layout version, so I guess something is working... and the layout was good.

Declan Shalvey said...

Ah, thanks Steve,

I'll stick up the inks today, and we'll see if it adds to the panel, or takes something away from it....