Monday, July 02, 2007

PREACHER






















A pencilled piece of Jesse from Preacher. Man, i loved that book. I started reading it at just the right time. I guess i must have been fourteen or fifteen, kinda growing out of superhero comics, when i started reading this. Not that i don't like the superhero stuff (i'm still a sucker for that stuff), but by that age, i was lookin' for somethin' different. Man, did i find it. Plus, it had irish characters, with one story featuring the 1916 Rising! It was like the book was written just for me.

Was a lotta fun to draw Jesse....

Dec.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice! Preacher is one of my favourites too – it got me back into reading comics regularly after almost a decade away.

Mike Exner III said...

Agreed. And this could have practically been done by Steve Dillon, Dec. You captured Jesse Custer that well.

Bridgeen Gillespie said...

Yay! Jesse! i was a big fan of preacher too, for what its worth. Even though it brings back sad memories. Would love to see ennis return to it some day.

jacintha said...

preacher was one of the first christmas presents stephen got me..sniff oh the romance of it! nice pic